Skip to main content

Dr. Benjamin Carson


Strength is.....




Dr. Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson Sr. 
One of THE top Neurosurgeons in the world


So skilled at his craft, Dr. Benjamin Carson is the first man to separated conjoined Siamese twins even while dealing with racial discrimination from the very parents of the twins. Coming from a very complex and troubled childhood Dr. Benjamin Carson had a mother that would encourage him everyday to read more and more. Who would've known that at the age of 33 Dr. Benjamin Carson would earn his position as the Director of Pediatric NeuroSurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. 


One day as a young girl I read the Time Magazine. It was a hard cover book collection that my father brought home. I read this book from cover to cover. When I read the story of Dr. Benjamin Carson I then went on to read his auto biography. He is one of the reasons why I was determined to go to college. After reading his story I knew that if he could do it, then I definitely could do it too. I too could become an inspiration to others that needed someone to look up to. 

While we are celebrating Black History Month it is important to look at those that have blazed a trail and Dr. Benjamin Carson is a prime example of what strength is and what it should mean for all of us.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/facial_paralysis_pain_treatment_center/about_us/our_team/carson.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LetsTalkItOut.Webstarts.com

So I'm working on something exciting! Years ago I started writing my own magazine. However, with all of life's distractions I put my magazine to the side. Now, I'm in the process of creating my online magazine first with the hopes of printing a few magazines for distribution 4 times a year. Thank you so much to the people that always inspire and encourage me! LetsTalkItOut.Webstarts.com

Casting Call!

Casting Call Albany NY – Movie Extras The HBO movie Muhammad Al’s Greatest fight is now filming in Albany NY and is seeking various extras for the project in Albany. Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking the following for the Albany location shoot of the HBO film Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight: Men and women of all types for scenes taking place in 1971 and filming in Albany, NY. Email a recent picture and contact information to albany@gwcnyc.com. For anyone that is willing to travel to Albany, NY! Take your chances! Email and see what happens!

Smoothie Time!

So I'm getting back to a healthy me! I've tried a few smoothies that I've made myself. It's always best to make a smoothie yourself because it's all natural: no preservatives! Strawberry Banana smoothie: Cucumber Blueberry Strawberry smoothie: